Hello, my name is Alex Marshall and I work with recently bereaved families in Sussex, Kent and the surrounding areas who want to create a more personal funeral ceremony, written to reflect the beliefs and values of their loved one.
Why use a celebrant?
Families ask me to lead the service for their loved ones for a variety of different reasons, but many of them agree with one or more of the following:
- You would like a traditional ceremony for your loved one, but with the added flexibility that a celebrant can offer in terms of tone and content.
- You don’t want a Church funeral, but you would still like to include some Christian elements.
- You would like a service written without any religion whatsoever, but you also want to ensure that it is tender and beautiful.
- You want to have the funeral for your loved one somewhere other than a church or crematorium (such as your home) and you want someone experienced and sensitive to help you organise this.
- The thought of writing a eulogy (life story) that beautifully captures the essence of your loved one is daunting for you, and you would very much like someone to help you with this or even write the whole thing for you.
- You would like to make arrangements for a ceremony for yourself or your loved one “before” you or they die.
- You are not quite sure what kind of ceremony you want and you’d like to sit down with someone who can help you clarify your ideas.
I have had so many lovely comments about the service. A lot of people have said it was the best one they had ever been to, and without exception everyone says how brilliant you were, and how had I managed to find someone like you.
I will never forget how special you made the day.